Ensign 16PE Sewage Treatment Plant
This Ensign 16PE Sewage Treatment Plant: Standard septic tank replacement is capable of treating household wastewater for up to 16 people. The Shallow Ensign:Standard sewage treatment plant is widely regarded as one of the most powerful, dependable, and cost-effective on the market.
The average height of a water treatment plant on the market is over 2.3 metres. Marsh Industries offers a shallow plant range ranging from 4-35PE that is just 1.6m wide, making installation not only feasible but much simpler and safer.
When hard rock site conditions necessitate deeper alternatives that require expensive and time-consuming excavation, shallow Ensign sewage treatment plants are often preferred.
All Ensign units are tested and accepted to BSEN12566-3/A1:2009 and provide care that is well within national consent criteria. With influent concentrations on tests higher than those selected by most competitor plants, published test results of 11.5:19.2:8.4mg/ltr (BOD: suspended solids: ammonia) effectively equate to 97 percent pollutant elimination.
Almost all platform, approval, and budget criteria can be met with sizes ranging from 4 to 35 PE in Ultra and Standard versions of each, as well as a wide range of ancillaries. On request, risers to increase invert depth are available. On request, pumped outlets are also open.
Why choose the Marsh Shallow Ensign:Standard?
The Ensign range is recommended by end consumers, retailers, and installers alike due to its ease of installation, durability, and cost-effective operation and maintenance. Much of this is backed up by technical assistance from local contacts.
- Inlet with ‘Forsheda seal’-Forsheda seal provides flexibility in the joint for easier installation. Optional risers to increase invert depth are available.
- Primary settlement chamber
- Aeration chamber
- Advanced compressor with alarm (Ensign:Ultra units only)-Near silent compressor ensures minimal running, maintenance and servicing costs. Integral alarm detects low pressure in air line. (Regular Low-energy compressor on Ensign:Standard models).
- Compressor housing – internal or external options available-The compressor can be housed internally or externally with no difference in cost. External recommended to increase compressor life, and supplied as standard on 4PE, shallow and pumped outlet versions.
- RCD/Electrical connection (Ensign:Ultra units only)-The RCD box provides easier installation and provides a higher degree of safety. (Regular
plug/socket connection on Ensign:Standard models).
- PVC pressure pipe/diffuser(s)-Provides a protective conduit for the air diffuser line. Can be easily removed for maintenance and
- Bio-media-High specification bio-media (310m3 per m2) and membrane diffusers ensure even circulation to eliminate ‘dead spots’. The bio-media is contained by a stainless steel securing mesh to ensure no migration during handling or potential flooding.
- Stainless steel mesh (Ensign:Ultra units only)-Retains media in aeration chamber during transportation and handling, and in the event of flooding.
- Final settlement chamber
- 32mm sludge return-Larger diameter sludge return prevents the possibility of blockages and improves system circulation. Provides higher effluent quality whilst balancing flow over a 24 hour period or periods of intermittent use.
- Unique Polylok tertiary filter (Ensign:Ultra units only)-The Polylok tertiary filter reduces suspended solids and BOD by a further 40% helping to extend drainage field life.
- Outlet with ‘Forsheda seal’-Forsheda seal provides flexibility in the joint for easier installation. Optional pumped outlets are available.
- Impermeable lid (Ensign:Ultra units only)-Heavy duty lid/frame improves strength and durability whilst blending into the surrounding
environment. (Regular lid on Ensign:Standard models).
- Integral lifting eyes-For safe and secure on-site handling.
- Stabilising feet-Stabilising feet prevents the tank from rolling and allows safe and steady transportation and
- Unique ‘keying-in’ lip-Assists anchoring into granular or concrete surrounds.